This is my list of the best "quick read" books out there to get the ball rolling with your growth knowledge absorption. Both in length, and ease of content consumption, or fun reads.
If the task of reading/listening anything seems daunting, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you give "Car University" a shot and listen to books on a high impact subject material while driving or while you would otherwise listen the news or sports or talk shows/podcasts/tv/whatever. Everyone I know who has successfully implemented Car University, has attributed it as a turning point for success in their lives, including myself. I would put my Audible library, amassed over 7 years, and costing about $3k total in that time, up against a grad school degree any day. Not just in overall knowledge and impact, but certainly a much better knowledge to time+commitment+money ratio.
Top 6 Shorty's
EDIT: NEW TOP CHOICE: How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams
1) Ryan Holiday Trio - The Obstacle is the Way, Ego is the Enemy, Stillness is the Key. My favorite three books of all time.
2) Tribe of Mentors and Tools of Titans, Tim Ferris - not short books, but short in the breakdown of chapters. As good as any material out there, and a plethora of thoughts and opinions worth hearing.
3) The Go Giver, Bob Burg - we all can relate to the go getter persona, but what about the The Go Giver?
4) Food Rules, Michael Pollan - awesome tips of what and how to eat. I wish I could follow these guidelines better myself, still working on it.
5) Set for Life, Scott Trench - a modern guide to financial freedom.
6) Outliers, Malcom Galdwell - the modern classic on what is takes to become an expert.